We are very happy to announce that the AVA can resume its activities in the Fall of 2020. In the context of a pandemic, we must however put in place several measures to comply with the recommendations and requirements of Public Health, Volleyball Québec, and the Vieux-Verger School. We could not be able to resume our activities without putting these measures in place.
These measures are intended to ensure your safety, and that of other players. To participate in AVA activities, you must make a commitment to respect them. The main measures are as follows:
- If you have received a positive result for a COVID-19 test, or if you receive one during the season, you will not be able to attend an AVA activity until you receive a negative result.
- Upon arrival, you will need to answer two questions:
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- If you answer "yes" to either of these two questions, you will not be able to participate in the activity
- You must disinfect or wash your hands on arrival and between each game
- You must wear a face cover at all times, except when playing
- You must maintain a distance of at least two meters from all other people at all times, except when playing
- You cannot share your personal effects (water bottle, towel, etc.) with other players
- If you bring a towel, you must bring a container to store it
- High-fives or other cheers or praise that includes physical contact is prohibited
- You must notify the AVA as soon as possible if you receive a positive result for COVID-19
- Arrive early to facilitate the start of the activity
- For your safety, all equipment and surfaces (benches) should be disinfected before and after each game. Players are expected to help accomplish these tasks.
Participation in AVA activities is free and voluntary. Each person should feel free to participate or not according to their assessment of the risk that this poses to themselves or to a member of their family. Those who received a credit for the season but prefer not to participate in AVA activities in the Fall of 2020 may receive an equivalent reimbursement upon request.
If you have any questions, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org